Shoreline Residence Addition
This Shoreline Residence will be expanded from 1750sf to 2250sf, with the addition to include a bonus room, guest bedroom space, bathroom, laundry/utility room and a single car garage. The addition replaces an undersized one-story two-car garage with a two-story space that also serves as the new entry to the home and updates the 1951 home with a more modern aesthetic. Working within a tight budget, the design not only provides the spaces needed by the homeowner, but small changes to the main portion of the home allow for the whole house to be much more usable.
- Well-placed windows and a double-height space to encourage cross ventilation
- Excellent natural daylighting with upper clerestory windows
- Space-efficient floor plan to maximize use of space
- Energy-efficient walls and windows help to maintain a comfortable inside temperature
- Hard surface floors, such as natural linoleum, concrete, and tile, to provide an easily cleanable home to avoid allergy and asthma
- Fiber cement siding is durable and has recycled content